Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hungry, Hungry, (not yet) Hippo

I am hungry. Constantly ravenous. Scavenging for food. Most odd of all, I do not want chocolate. I mean, I have no desire for the delicious cocoa bean in any form at all. Before one week ago, I was a chocolate addict. Seriously. Reese could go out of business. My grocery store could find itself with more stock that it can possibly sell.

I just finished eating my lunch. Well, I call it my lunch, even though it was actually my third meal of the day. I had leftovers from dinner last night - homemade rotini n' cheese with ground turkey and peas. I am hungry. I am really trying to figure out where I can get something that is yummy and healthy. I will figure it out or getting any more work done will be impossible.

DH called right as I was heating my lunch. We chatted for a bit until I heard a "pop" come from the microwave. I quickly said, "Hold on!" and dropped the phone so I could be sure my food had not exploded. Whew. It is fully in tact. I told him my lunch was ready and he said, "Go eat. You need to eat. You're eating for two now."

He thinks that if we both keep throwing cliche statements at one another, we will eventually believe that this is all really happening. I started writing in the baby journal last night, so I would think it would be sinking in, but I'm not sure it is. I think I thought I would go, body and mind, from not pregnant to pregnant, indisputably. It just does not work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment