Friday, February 20, 2009

Bursting

I am bursting and it's not just my bladder.

I want to tell people I am pregnant! Not telling my parents has gotten harder and harder, especially as additional symptoms pile on. They have decided to delay coming up to visit for one more weekend, so it actually works out perfectly - we will be able to tell them one or two days after the first ultrasound.

Colleagues - difficult because someone will either stop me in the hall on my dash to the bathroom (see the I AM PREGNANT sign blog for more on this) or all but refuse to leave my office when I am dying to find food. It also does not help that I am exhausted and my boss is piling things on me to take some of the pressure off of my two office friends who are pregnant - and playing both parts of show and tell.

Friends - Some just ask about when we are planning on having children. While that is not anything new, figuring out a way to answer without lying is a bit of a challenge. We have been sticking with "sooner rather than later" as the standard answer. It is definitely sooner than they know right now! Then there are those with whom I just want to share, not due to their prying, but because it just fits. A friend of mine called me today to tell me that she had delivered her third child - five weeks early. I would have loved to have shared my news with her so we could chat about it all and so she would know that I understand her fears a little more than I did seven weeks ago.

Keeping the secret from non-family is certainly a bit easier at this point because I do not want anyone to know before my parents and I want DH's mom to hear the news second. Any time I feel the urge to spill the beans about our little bean, I just remind myself that my mom and dad don't know yet and - poof! - urge gone.

Uh oh. Gotta run. The other part of me that is bursting is rearing its ugly head and I could get stopped in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment