Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First Appointment is Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the day. We are headed to our first OB appointment as a couple expecting a child! they keep calling it the "pregnancy confirmation" appointment, which is a bit odd for me as I am pretty sure one of the four sticks on which I peed and my regular doctor's statement of "Congratulations!" confirmed it for me. If they had not, I think the symptoms pretty much make it a definite in my mind.

I am a bit annoyed. My doctor's office set my appointment with the wrong doctor. I have been seeing the same OB/GYN for five years and they somehow set my appointment with one of her partners. I freaked out at first when I got the appointment reminder message, which stated the wrong doctor's name, but thought about it for a while and realized that I will have to see each of the doctors throughout my pregnancy anyway, so I have calmed down a bit. I did call the office to ask for ways to make sure this does not happen again in the future, but still. Really? Like I don't have enough on my mind. Grr. I am mostly okay with it because my new doctor is my regular (non-GYN) doctor's doctor and friend, so I have some trust in that.

Today, my daily calendar said that baby's skeleton is rubbery right now and feels like the tip of my nose. It is so neat to think about! Yesterday, baby started forming elbows. I keep thinking about the first time baby uses those elbows to poke me in the middle of the night so I will feed him or her some ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment