Friday, February 13, 2009

No wine = Whine

It has been a rough week. Work was insanely busy and I have been feeling pretty crappy. Last night was the icing on the crappy feelingness, as I spent about 30 minutes on the bathroom floor, silently begging for the bad cramping and intolerable nausea to fade so I could crawl back into bed and try to sleep. It sucked because I had my first real work out for the first time since the BFP last night and it was wonderful. I swam for about 30 minutes and it hurt, but it was such a good hurt and the weightlessness felt amazing for my aching body.

On Wednesday night, after my third very rough day this week, I went home and sat down to dinner with DH, who has also had a rough week at work. The difference? He got to have wine and I did not. Now, I know there are some doctors who tell people they can drink in moderation during pregnancy and mine my even be one of them, but I am not taking any chances with our little one. The studies show that no amount of alcohol is safe, so I am sticking with no amount of alcohol. Unfortunately for DH, less wine for me means more whine!

I will be six weeks tomorrow, meaning baby is entering his or her seventh week of life. Less than two weeks until the first doctor's appointment and the first ultrasound. I cannot wait to see baby's little heart beating on that screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment