Monday, February 9, 2009

"You got me feelin' emotions"

Okay, so when Mariah wrote the song she was singing about good emotions, but the title still fits. HOLY CRAP am I emotional. I am not a crier. There have actually been times in my life that I have been upset because I thought crying would help me feel better and I have not been able to produce the waterworks. Well, no shortage of them now. Let's review some of the times I have cried over the past 72 hours.

Telling my husband I am scared out of my mind? Check.
Watching "Scrubs" (yes, the ABC comedy)? Check.
In the shower, listening to "Miss Independent"? Check.
Driving to my parents' house, listening to nothing? Check.
Sitting in church, praying about the baby? Check.
Driving to work, listening to the traffic report? Check.
Sitting the the morning staff meeting? Almost. Thank God this one's not a check.

Upon reviewing the (somewhat abbreviated) list above, I will allow myself the "telling husband I'm scared" and the "sitting in church" tears because they seem reasonable enough. Seriously, though, crying during a comedy? While just sitting in my car? Puh-lease. Where did rational me go? Will she ever reappear?

It is not just tears either. It is much easier for me to get my feelings hurt these days. I do not like showing that my feelings are hurt, so I show anger instead of hurt. This causes me to be a little snippy with people over pretty stupid things. I consider one of my coworkers to be a good friend and she is 23 weeks pregnant. She and I have been snipping back and forth with each other all morning. It makes me angry...

...and that makes me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment