Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Appointment(s) scheduled!

I called my OB's office yesterday to set my first appointment. They see patients for the first time at 8 weeks, so I am scheduled for March 2, 2009.

DH still doesn't believe that the home pregnancy tests (up to four of them now) are actually positive proof of a baby growing inside of me, so waiting until 8 weeks was too much for me. I called my PCP (who I absolutely love) and she is seeing me today to do the blood work and, assumedly, give me the first official positive. I am really excited to see her for the first time about my pregnancy. She is awesome and very much like a friend, so it will feel like telling someone.

My parents and I are very close. Not sharing this with them is incredibly difficult, but I want to wait until I know things are progressing well before sharing the news. I think we are going to tell them shortly after the 8-week appointment, but time will tell.

The bloating has subsided a bit, as has the cramping. Nausea is definitely still present, but I have not yet vomited. My mother always told me she never felt better than when she was pregnant with my brother and me. I am hoping that is genetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment