Thursday, February 19, 2009

aaaand.... BOOM!

Boom! Just like that the fatigue has set in. I am exhausted. I would put the old muffler joke out there (I dreamt about mufflers last night and I woke up exhausted), but I do not think I am sleeping for long enough stretches between potty breaks to allow for real dreams. Further, the small dreams I do have are so weird that mufflers would seem normal.

Last night, I made a good wholesome meal and really thought that I might fall asleep on top of my plate. I am now sitting at my desk, equally as tired, and starting longingly at the couch that is begging me to take a quick nap on it. Alas, if I want to get home any time soon, nap time is not on the agenda today.

I am currently reading "The Working Woman's Guide to Pregnancy," which states that a pregnant woman should rest whenever she can throughout the day. If your body says, "Rest," you should rest. I am not, however, quite sure how I would explain my afternoon snooze if someone were to walk into my office. Especially considering that nobody in the office knows I am pregnant yet.

I just hope I am not endangering the baby by not getting the sleep my body so desperately wants. I am figuring it does not affect baby, but it is really affecting me. I hope this phase does not last too long. I do know that falling asleep behind the wheel during my commute would be bad for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment