Friday, February 27, 2009

The first reveal

Tonight is the night that the secret of baby becomes known to my parents. They are in town and coming over tonight. Here's how we plan to do it.

My family likes games. DH and I have played Catchphrase with my parents on several occasions and had a blast. We intend to go through a couple of rounds and then I will say the following to DH as a clue, "Um. Okay, it has four eyes, four legs, four arms. Um... it has two heads and two hearts. Two hearts..." DH will hear "two hearts" for the second time and shout, "YOU!" We are figuring they will pick it up. If they don't, we will say, "Your turn, Nana and Papa (that's what they want to be called)!"

After the excitement dies a bit, we will present them with grandparent journals and onesies that say, "I love my Nana" and "I love my Papa" that I made on inktastic.com. I know it might not go exactly according to plan and I don't care. I am so excited to share this news with them.

I admit, though, that I am a bit nervous, too. A lot changes when they find out. First, they will be moving up here within a year and I think their schedule will accelerate a bit when they learn of baby. Second, I am no longer just their little girl. I am their grandchild's mother. That is crazy to think about. Me... a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment