Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Prayers - Answered; Questions - Notsomuch

So many questions arise when one is pregnant. One that has haunted me has been, "Are these cramps normal?" I am not sure if I should be worried and the literature out there is of little help. I have no additional symptoms and no spotting, so I cannot imagine that it is problematic, but the explanations out there explain things as though I already know the difference between cramps from my uterus expanding and cramps due to a worrisome cause.

On Sunday, the cramps were in full swing and I was a bit concerned. I basically laid around all day long (and yet was still exhausted at the end of the day). I was still hurting when bed time came around and I hoped for a snow day. God works in mysterious ways because snow it did and I had the chance to work from home. On my couch. Feet up. I know God is listening - now if only I had my own personal on-call doctor to answer every question at my whim.

We did tell my parents on Friday night and it was wonderful. My mom cried and my dad made the little giggling noise he makes to keep himself from crying. We celebrated with dinner out and it was just a really nice night. We tell my dear MIL and GMIL this weekend and I think, after telling my folks, that DH is really excited about the reveal. He'd better be - we have to travel six hours to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment