Thursday, March 12, 2009

Feeling better

I am not sure where it came from, but I am very happy it is here and I hope it sticks around. A bit of confidence, that is. I am actually feeling like I can handle this whole pregnancy and motherhood thing while still balancing work and my marriage. It feels good. I am also feeling a bit better lately (for the last two days) and sleeping a bit better. I am exhausted, but I am okay with that. I have functioned while tired before.

Part of it, I think, is realizing that I have family and friends to support me. A lot of it is recognizing more and more every day that DH is going to continue to be a wonderful partner and that he is going to be one amazing dad. I am so grateful for my loved ones. I am bursting to tell so many people about the baby!

One of my best friends is coming to town next weekend and I am very excited to share the news with her in person. I probably would have told her by now, but, knowing she was coming to town, made me decide to wait. The tricky part with her is that her husband does not want to have children and she very much does. I know she will be very happy and excited for us, but part of me is feeling a bit guilty about expressing my joy to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment