Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slacker me gets a smooch

Wow, so, I guess I have really been slacking on the blog. Work has gotten even busier, which did not seem possible. Between that and preparing for a friend to visit last weekend, I guess time just got away from me.

Let's see... my friend came for a visit for the weekend and it was wonderful to see her. I told her pretty immediately about the baby and she was very excited. I was a little nervous because she really wants to have children and her husband is just not interested. I knew she would be excited for me but I was afraid the excitement would be mixed with some not-so-good feelings and I did not want to make her feel sad. Of course, she reminded me of why she is such a wonderful friend and did not project any of what she is dealing with onto my situation. We spoke at length about her situation as well, but she was great about keeping the two separate.

I was so tired when she was in town. We walked around town a lot and stayed up pretty late. The combination about killed me. I could have slept the entire day on Sunday.

The 12 week appointment is Thursday. I will be 11 weeks, 5 days. Confession - I actually think I will be 11 weeks, 2 days. I think I am three days behind what the due date says. I guess we will see if I am closer when they date the baby this time. I am very excited to see the little one again and I know DH can't wait either.

Still not much weight gain. One pound, but I am sure that it will all catch up to me soon. I am really not "showing" at all and my clothes all still fit (maybe feeling a little tighter in the belly). My bras do not fit and I have had to invest in some a cup size up.

We are going to tour daycare centers tomorrow. Sigh. Hate thinking about leaving this little darling with strangers and I so desperately hope we find one we like... and one we like that actually has an opening by October!

Oh, and, DH kissed my belly for the first time this morning. I about melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment