Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Racing Mind is a Mommy's Mind

What to expect when you're expecting....

I imagine it is different for everyone. I am a bit obsessive (see earlier posts for proof) and I like to be in control, so this whole pregnancy thing is going to be quite a ride for me.

All day long, it has just been right along with me during everything I am doing. Buy an iPhone case. Realize the iPhone is probably the last splurge I/we will be making for quite some time that is not baby related. (Good thing we bought them last night.) Eat lunch. Realize I am actually eating for two (no matter how cliche that is), and opt for steamed veggies instead of mac n' cheese. Rest when I should be doing laundry. Excuse myself from chores because the baby needs me to rest. Hmmm... I might like this whole thing after all! :)

Anyway, this is just crazy. It is unexpected, but wonderful. Overwhelming, but so exciting. DH is still pretty numb I think, but he is definitely riding the emotional rollercoaster about it. He is waiting to get excited until after we got confirmation from a doc. Um, three tests. Three positive tests. Pretty sure it's confirmed. That and these freakin' gas pains, but there will be plenty more on that later, I'm sure.

Today, baby is probably somewhere between .014 and .04 inches long and trying to resemble a tadpole. Today, baby is growing inside of me. Deep breath - this is wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment