Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lots to catch up on

Where to begin. I am not even going to make excuses for why I have not written in a month.

DH felt baby kick on June 6, but just barely. He "thought" he felt him. The very next day, June 7th, he definitely felt him moving around. One recent June morning, we were spooning and the baby was kicking me really hard, very frequently. I wrapped DH's arm around me a little lower and placed his hand over the middle, left side of my belly. BOOM! DH just said, "Wow." He buried his face in my neck and we laid there while the baby said his booming hellos from inside of me. The strength of his kicks and punches is truly amazing.

I do not really sleep anymore. I developed really bad hemorrhoids in June and the pain from those has made sleeping a bit tough. That pain, along with needing to pee several times a night, the baby waking me up with his kicks (I love it!), and the body aches, has really made my definition of a good night's sleep change pretty drastically. Poor DH is not sleeping so well either, though. Almost every time I get up to go to the bathroom, he awakes as well and asks if everything is okay. It is so very sweet that he wants to make sure baby and I are doing well, but I feel guilty that his sleep is disrupted. I guess what "they" say is true - your body really prepares you for the lack of sleep you will experience after baby comes into the world.

So, the hemorrhoids. They were bad. Really bad. I was bleeding a lot from the anus and the pain was, at times, just unbearable. One Saturday night, DH had to go out to CVS to buy creams and a sitz bath, along with ice packs and witch hazel. I just started using everything possible. The OB prescribed a corticosteroid at my last appointment (Proctofoam - love the name), but, after reading about it and knowing that it crosses the placenta, I just could not bring myself to use it. It remains unfilled at the pharmacy up the street. I visited my PCP (who is a mother of two and due with her third a week before my due date) and she prescribed something as well. I am not using that either, but things are healing well at this point. I did start taking Colace and it has helped things move a bit, at least.

I have become very used to the baby's routine. He is active in the middle of the night, again around 8:00 or 8:30 in the morning, at 2:00 in the afternoon, and again between 9:00 and 10:00 at night. He grew pretty still for about two days and I got a bit nervous. When I really stopped to concentrate on him, though, I found that I could feel his little kicks and punches. Last night, for the first time, I felt him rolling around. The feel of a roll is very different - and totally weird. Very cool, of course, but so weird.

My parents came over for the 4th of July last night and both of them felt the baby kick. My dad felt several little ones and my mom felt on big one and a couple of small ones. They were tickled.

I guess that is about it.

We picked the crib up a couple of weeks ago and it sits, disassembled until we get the rest of the nursery together. We finally ordered a glider chair after three long and tortured visits to BuyBuyBaby to figure out what we wanted. We are now looking to order the rest of the nursery furniture and will likely do so this coming week. I cannot believe I am six-and-a-half months pregnant. October sounds like a while away from July, but it is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment