Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Migraine Hell

I have suffered from migraines nearly monthly (on the same timeline as my period) for about 12 years. The lack of their appearance throughout the first trimester was fantastic. I started to get a headache last Thursday. On Friday, I took the second Tylenol of my pregnancy and figured the nuisance would go away. Well, Saturday was the same. Sunday was awful. Monday, my day off - full-fledged migraine. My mother-in-law was in town and I really wanted to spend some quality time with her as she does not make it for a visit very often. Well, instead, I spent the day on the couch in the basement while she and DH did some touristy things around the area. I fought the guilt, but really did not have much choice but to play introvert thanks to the pain.

I called the doctor on Monday morning and they prescribed Fioricet to fight the miserable headache. DH picked up the prescription for me and I really did not want to take it. If I wanted to have a chance to function, however, I did not have a lot of choice. I took one at 11:30 a.m. and another six hours later. That pretty much did the job. Let's hope that is the last of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment